In accordance with the law Lancaster City Council publishes annually the payments made to councillors in respect of basic, special responsibility, childcare and dependent carers’ allowances, travelling and subsistence allowances and co-optees’ allowances.
- Members' allowances 2019/20 (PDF)
- Members' allowances 2018/19 (PDF)
- Members' allowances 2017/18 (PDF)
- Members' allowances 2016/17 (PDF)
- Members' allowances 2015/16 (PDF)
- Members' allowances 2014/15 (PDF)
Councillors receive a basic allowance that is intended to recognise the calls on their time such as council meetings, meetings with officers, constituents and official council business. The allowance also covers their incidental costs such as the use of homes and private telephones.
- The Members' Allowance Scheme is set out in Part 8 of the Council Constitution.
Members' allowances are considered periodically by the Independent Remuneration Panel. The panel consists of up to seven independent people appointed by the council. The recommendations of the panel are then considered by full Council.
Register of interests
A register of members' financial and other interests in which elected members are required to declare any gifts or hospitality exceeding £25 in value is available on line by accessing the Councillors individually or for inspection at Lancaster town hall by calling 01524 582170 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 01 March 2021