Please continue to do your bit to help us keep the high street safe.
- Shop local where possible to help our local economy
- Wear a facemask when entering all businesses unless you are exempt
- Pay by contactless card payment where possible
- Plan your journey
- Give everyone space
- Wash your hands regularly
- Be kind and patient with members of staff and other shoppers
When drinking or dining indoors, please also remember to:
- Book ahead if required (check with the venue prior)
- Check into the NHS Track & Trace system on arrival
Materials for Businesses
We have created a suite of free materials for businesses to use as part of their re-opening strategy. Feel free to download the files and use on social media or print for display in venues.
"Freedom Day" Materials
- Empty Belly Covid Rules (PDF, 29KB)
- Collective rules (PDF, 47KB)
- Continue to wear a mask (PDF, 32KB)
- Free covid tests (PDF, 32KB)
- Covid vaccine (PDF, 36KB)
- Test, jab, be careful (PDF, 37KB)
- Wash hands (PDF, 33KB)
- Be cautious (PDF, 34KB)
- Wear face masks in crowded areas (PDF, 33KB)
Buy local from home
We’ve created a directory of the many local companies that provide the opportunity to buy gifts, and more, from the comfort of your own home. Please support them where you can.
Buy local from home at:
Gift Lancaster also has gifts and experiences from a variety of small businesses and retailers across Lancaster and Morecambe Bay, selling vouchers for everything from restaurant meals for two to home interior gifts and beauty treatments.
Buy local gifts at:
Although our outdoor markets have now re-opened, most of our local market traders now offer an online service. See our markets page for more information.
Covid Information Officers
Find out more about our Covid Information Officers, who will helping to keep shoppers safe and suporting businesses. Read our news story for more information.
Lancaster City Council has developed a package of measures so business owners have the confidence to reopen in a manner that is safe not only for customers, but for their staff and themselves. Some of this work has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund.